cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can,t delete my workspace?

Mario Ilinović July 23, 2020

Hi,

How i can delete my workspace https://bitbucket.org/testbtb/

i dont see button delete workspace whay?

Br, Mario

Capture bitbucket.PNG

1 answer

3 votes
Patrick Wolf - Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hi, Mario.

This feature is coming. 

This is a holdover from the original architecture of Bitbucket. Originally Bitbucket was focused on users collaborating on code projects together and it has grown into teams and organizations collaborating on a large set of shared repositories. All repositories were originally owned by individual users.
Teams were introduced in 2012 so that Teams could share repositories but we still allowed individual users to own repositories, too.
Earlier this year, we introduced Workspaces as a single model of repository ownership. All repositories now belong to Workspaces. To implement this migration from user and team ownership to workspaces we needed to maintain backward compatibility for a time. Therefore, every existing user owns their own workspace. This workspace contains every repository that the user individually owned previously.
We also create a new workspace for every new user due to backwards compatibility of our APIs. The /teams and /users api endpoints still exist but are now deprecated by the /workspaces endpoint. These legacy endpoints assume that every user has a workspace. When we turn off these endpoints at the end of this year then users will no longer require a workspace and can delete their old workspaces.

Steve Kaminski January 20, 2021

I just created a workspace in error and now I cannot delete it. Additionally I cannot create a project under my original workspace, the only option in the workspace drop list is the workspace I want to delete.

Like AmyKrizanWang likes this
Kalai Arasen February 26, 2021

Is it available now? i cant seems to delete my workspace

James Black March 12, 2021

I would also like an update on this

michael_glenn_williams February 7, 2022

Hi is this feature still not available ? I cannot seem to delete a workspace that has the same name on the Workspace menu. I only want one of them.

Riccardo Francescato March 24, 2022

Hi All, 

in 2022 I'm still having this issue.

I need to delete a personal workspace that was created before my company created the company workspace.

In the workspace settings, I can not see the delete link.

Could you please resolve the issue or let me know if there is a workaround?

Thanks

Riccardo

Anders Moefelt March 30, 2022

You still cant :/ But just rename the personal one - so you can use the name in your company

Riccardo Francescato March 30, 2022

Hi, thanks for the comment. Is not a matter of naming but in sourcetree I cannot see any remote repo!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events