Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't clone old hg repos. How can I access them? Neither hg clone nor git clone works

vers_1 September 20, 2021

I'm trying to clone old repos which were at hg. However I missed gh sunset event at Bitbucket and didn't convert my repos to git. Now when I try cloning repos I get

: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://"USERNAME"@bitbucket.org/"USERNAME"/"REPO"_029051_hg.git
OUTPUT:
ERROR: remote: Repository is in read only mode.
fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/"USERNAME"/"REPO"_029051_hg.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

How do I access my repo? Does the source code is buried?

I'm trying to clone via Sourcetree. Any help?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hi @vers_1,

Mercurial repos can no longer be accessed by users, however, the support team can provide you with a copy of the Mercurial repos that are owned by your workspace.

I went ahead and created a ticket with Bitbucket Cloud support team for you, using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events