cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can see user in developer group, but he can't see repo

Yalcin Yilmaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Hi all.

I'm admin -- I invited a developer to a workspace. He accepted: got an error first, but then ended up on my developers group anyway.

As far as I can see, he is an active developer user.

He can see the repositories in other workspaces, but not mine.

Few things of note:

1. I migrated the repo from another Atlassian account/workspace altogether. When I moved companies I now have a second personal Atlassian account because I have a second company email. I could not use my old pub key (as it was attached to my original email login).
  2. I now have a second Atlassian company account, a new personal user account and SSH pub key for it.
  3. The external developer in question used to also access the repo back when it was in the old Atlassian account / workspace. However he still uses his same personal login. His email or personal account has not changed.
  4. I simply invited him to the new workspace, to continue working on the migrated repository.

Now when he logs into Bitbucket, he can still see his old repos (in other workspaces), but not the migrated repo in the new workspace that I invited him to.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Yalcin Yilmaz and welcome to the community!

When a user logs in to https://bitbucket.org/, they get redirected to the last workspace they accessed (excluding their personal workspace, if they have one). The user may be looking at a different workspace. Can you please ask him to follow these steps:

1. Log in to https://bitbucket.org/
  2. Select the avatar (top right corner) > All workspaces

Does he see see on that page the workspace you invited him to?

If so, he can select the workspace name, and then select Repositories from the top menu to see the workspace's repos (the ones he has access to).

Please feel free to let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events