Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not give access to a group anymore.

caroline_desgalier March 1, 2019

Hello!

I would like give write access to a group on a repository.

I go to Setting > User and group access and I don't have any group that I can selected.

image.pngStill, I have others repositories where I have been able to give rights to my team in the past :

image.pngIt's a bug or something have changed?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2019

Hi Caroline,

My assumption is that you're looking at different accounts. I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I could see there are no groups created there. Then, I saw you have access to a Team account, and that account does have groups indeed. Be aware that groups can only be used within the account they belong to, does this make sense?

Hope this helps you, Caroline. Let us know if you have any questions :) 

Ana

caroline_desgalier March 1, 2019

Hi Ana,

Thank's for your answer.

Yes, I have access to my own account, but also to that of my company which contains the group of developers. And it's right the one in my company that I'm trying to give rights to the group.

The repository that I want give rights to the group was in my account before and I transfered it to my company's account. Is it possible that it is because of that?

I have already done this without encountering any problem with other repositories.

I'm in limbo. ;-|

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hi Caroline, that shouldn't be a problem. can you share with us the name of the repo? If this is something you'd prefer to keep private, let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you.

Cheers!

Ana

caroline_desgalier March 5, 2019

Hi Ana,

I would like give group access to the repository "Cesoir.ch", but it isn't public, is it a problem for you?

And the group to whom I want to give the access is "Developers".

Thank you for your help.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2019

Thanks for sharing it. That won't be a problem for me, I can still see it with my Atlassian super powers ;)

I found the repo 'Cesoir.ch' but it's not in a team account, it's in a different individual account (I'm assuming your company's account is a team account with username 'g*************e'. The repo now is owned by 'l*********r'). For what I can see, you no longer have access to the repo. Note that you still have access to some other repos in that account, but not to 'Cesoir.ch'.

Also, there's no group 'Developers' in that account.

Can you double-check this? 

If my understanding is correct, that repo will need to be transferred again to the team account, where you will be able to add that group. 

Looking forward to your response!

Ana

caroline_desgalier March 6, 2019

I think I understand.

When I log in to my company account, I can see a team. The name of my company account is "Logiccenter", and the team has the same name, so it's a little bit difficult to differentiate them. :-|

And if I understand well, the repository "CeSoir.ch" must belong to the team to give group access, it's right? How I can do that? I didn't succeed. :-(

So, what I don't understand, it's when I go to profile team (I think that it) : 

image.png

There is no repository that belongs to her :

image.png

So, who is the owner of the other repositories to whom the right of access to the group has been given, for example, the repo "Formulaire Web Wifi" ?

image.png

Sorry, it's a bit confusing for me.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2019

Hi Caroline! This took me a while.

I found something, so this is the confusing part: there are 2 accounts that share the same name (Logiccenter) but have different usernames. Names are not unique, so there can be multiple accounts with the same name, but usernames are unique and that's what we use to identify accounts. To clarify this, please have a look at the screenshots

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.41.45.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.41.23.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.41.37.png

Now, when you do any operations (in this case transfer) you need to use usernames and not names. So what happened is that you transferred to 'logiccenter' (individual account, third screenshot) instead of Team-LC (team account, second screenshot). The user 'logiccenter' is the only admin for 'Team-LC'.

Regarding your other question, the repo 'Formulaire Web Wifi' belongs to name Logiccenter (username: logiccenter). Why this belongs to the team group, is still a mystery to me.

image.png

Lastly, I'd suggest giving the third account a more distinctive name to avoid confusion with the team account. Let me know if you go any further with this investigation, Caroline!

Kind regards,

Ana

caroline_desgalier March 7, 2019

Hi Ana,

I renamed the team to best differentiate the accounts.

I finally succeed to transfer my repo to the team account. 

But I had to create a project to put it in and transfer it to the team.

It's all good for me, now.

I don't know how it worked before, perhaps there have been an update who changed the behaviour between two ?

In any case, I undertook to transfer all repositories in team account and put them in a specific project to better navigate.

Thank's a lot for your help!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2019

I'm so happy to hear that, Caroline! Glad you can get to work again :D 

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything else. Have a great day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events