Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am unable to give Pull Request to my reviewer.

I have given access by going to Repository settings > User and Group Access. But I am unable to create Pull Request for the same person. While I am trying to send request again, it is automatically showing as Teammate. But I am unable to create PR. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Shubham and welcome to the community!

First, I would like to ask if your request concerns a repository hosted in Bitbucket Cloud or in Bitbucket Server.

I would also like to ask if you can let us know:

1. What are the exact steps you are doing when you get an error
  2. Can you please attach here a screenshot that demonstrates the error/problem?

It is a bit unclear to me if you are unable to create a PR at all, or if you have issues adding the user as a reviewer.

Kind regards,
Theodora

I have created repository hosted in Bitbucket Cloud. 

I am following these steps.

First Repository Settings > User and Group Access > User .

And in the User tab I am giving Admin access to the people. Screenshot (323).png

But when I am creating a Pull Request, I am unable to give access to one of the people as my reviewer. Like this it is coming 

Screenshot (324).pngScreenshot (325).png

The person added in the User and Group Access, I am unable to add that person as my reviewer for the Pull Request 

Thanks & Reagrds 

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for the info and the screenshots.

Regarding the last screenshot you attached: I see that you typed a space after the name 'Nitesh Saxena', which is the reason why you do not see any results in that screen.

Regarding the error in the second screenshot: I see in our system that this repository is public. When you try to add a reviewer in a public repository and you start typing characters, Bitbucket will show all users that match these characters and not only users with access to this repo. I believe that the user you selected in the second screenshot is a different user than the one you have added to the repo (with the same name), which is why you see this error.

Is it possible to attach here a screenshot that shows all users that appear in the dropdown, once you type 'Nitesh Saxena' in the reviewers? I would like to see if your teammate appears in that list or not.

A temporary workaround, if you want to proceed with your work, is to make the repository private. Then, try to add 'Nitesh Saxena' as a reviewer. In this case, only your teammate will appear and you should be able to add the correct account. Afterwards, you can make the repository public again.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thanks for the response, thanks for understanding my query. That is the issue, the one which I have given access in User and Group access, I am not able to add that person as my reviewer. As it is not showing in the drop-down or as the Teammate 

Screenshot (326).png

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for your reply and you are also very welcome, I'm glad to help.

I've discussed this issue with some of the other Bitbucket engineers and it looks that this specific user was not showing up in the dropdown due to some permissions issue from our side.

I went ahead and fixed this issue for this user's profile.

I tested it with one of my public repos and I can now see this user listed.

Can you please try again now to type his name, 'Nitesh Saxena', in the PR reviewers, see if you can find his account in the dropdown and add him?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,888 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you