Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to connect bitbucket from Visual studio 2019

Kumaran Muthukumar December 28, 2021

Hi There,

I am not able to connect to the bitbucket in my Visual studio 2019 - Professional edition. It errors out saying the operation is forbidden.

Strangely am able to login using Visual studio code, with the same credentials. It works.

Note : I did try creating an app password as mentioned in the link App passwords | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support , that didn't work either.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2022

Hi, @Kumaran Muthukumar! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please confirm if you are using the following extension?

What operation are you trying to perform that fails? Can you please describe to us the steps you are following? Can you share a screenshot of the error you are facing?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Kumaran Muthukumar January 3, 2022

Hello Caroline,

I believe the issue is now resolved. the problem was with the user name. Instead of the user name I was using the email id that I used to get into the web version. Once I was able to pick up the user name from my personal settings, the app password worked and I am able to now connect successfully.

Thanks a lot for your prompt follow up in this regard.

Thanks,

Kumaran Muthukumar

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hi, Kumaran! 

I'm glad to know that! Please feel free to share any other questions or concerns you might have in the future. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events