Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to pull from BitBucket Branch to VS code

venkateswara R February 11, 2022

Hi Team,

I have linked my JIRA and BitBucket to VS Code and authenticate also successfully. After that, I have created one Repository and Branches and try to do the Pull request to my VS Code org but I am getting the below errors. 

JIRA and Bitbucket authenticated.PNGClone Repository.PNGCloning Repository.PNGError Details.PNGError Details Info.PNG

Kindly help me on this.

Thank you,

Venkat

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2022

Hi Venkat,

If I understand correctly from the screenshots, the error occurs after you enter the password, is that right?

If so, are you using your account's password when you get asked for a password?

I see that your company uses SAML SSO for login to Atlassian Cloud products.
When SAML SSO is used, the account's password will not work for cloning/pulling/pushing via HTTPS.

You will need to generate an app password for your Bitbucket Cloud account, and use it instead of a password for clone/pull/push operations via HTTPS:

Could you please give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Please note that we will be deprecating account passwords for Git over HTTPS for all accounts (even those that don't use SAML SSO) beginning March 1, 2022, and this change already applies for accounts created after Sep 13, 2021.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dylan Reeder November 18, 2022

"Please note that we will be deprecating account passwords for Git over HTTPS for all accounts (even those that don't use SAML SSO) beginning March 1, 2022, and this change already applies for accounts created after Sep 13, 2021."

What's the alternative once app password are deprecated? 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Dylan Reeder,

App passwords are not deprecated, it is account passwords that are deprecated for Git over HTTPS and API.

Before the deprecation, users that were not using SAML SSO could use their account's password for Git over HTTPS (clone, pull, push via HTTPS) and for API calls with basic authentication. Since the deprecation, this is no longer possible and an app password should be created and used instead for these operations.

We have not deprecated app passwords.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dylan Reeder November 30, 2022

Thanks for clearing up my confusion Theodora!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2022

You are very welcome Dylan! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events