Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting invalid refresh token for one specific user. For other users, it's working fine. Why?

Nitesh Chandel February 5, 2023

I have many users with using our OAuth consumer, but for one specific user I am getting Invalid refresh_token, but there was nothing different about the way we have done it for that user. Please let me know what can be the possible reason?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2023

Hello @Nitesh Chandel ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The refresh_token doesn't really have an expiration. The only way a refresh_token would become invalid is if the scope of the OAuth Consumer was edited, or if the OAuth consumer was deleted.

If the OAuth consumer was edited a new refresh token will be generated, and the previous refresh token as well as any previous access token will be revoked and cannot be used anymore.

With that in mind, I would like to ask the following :

• Is the user with the failing request using the exact same refresh token as the user that got a successful request?
  • Was there any change in the OAuth Consumer during this time that might have caused the refresh token to change? 
  • What is the exact command/API call the user is using to get a new access token using the refresh token? 

Thank you, @Nitesh Chandel !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events