Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am facing build error

Sangavipriya Thyagarajan May 13, 2022

Am facing the below error

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (default-compile) on project VuramAutomationTestingTool: Fatal error compiling: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class lombok.javac.apt.LombokProcessor (in unnamed module @0x23396fc0) cannot access class com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment (in module jdk.compiler) because module jdk.compiler does not export com.sun.tools.javac.processing to unnamed module @0x23396fc0 -> [Help 1]

P.S: I tried changing my Lombok dependency to 1.18.20 in my pom.xml, still am facing the above issue .

The application is running when i build it through my local, am facing issue only when i run via bitbucket

1 answer

1 vote
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Sangavipriya Thyagarajan ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The error you reported seems to be an issue with OpenJDK and the Lombok plugin.

I was able to find the following StackOverflow thread with some suggestions on how to fix the error : 

Accordingly to that thread, you should be able to fix the issue by updating the Lombok plugin used by your project to version 1.18.22

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.projectlombok</groupId>
  <artifactId>lombok</artifactId>
  <version>1.18.22</version>
</dependency>

Also, make sure the docker image you are using in your build has a java version compatible with that plugin. The users on that thread reported that using OpenJDK 16 did work.

Hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Sangavipriya Thyagarajan .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events