How to use production branch with automatic merge?

Lucid Software November 5, 2014

I want to use automatic cascading merging.

"To use this feature, the release branch type must be enabled or the production branch set."

We don't we use branch types, but I can set the production branch.

I set the production branch, but I am still unable to enable automatic merging. Is the documentation correct?

Screenshot from 2014-11-05 16:25:44.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

After having a look at my local install it seems like this might be a UI bug if you uncheck the box next to "Release" before selecting a Production branch.  

Try checking and then unchecking the box next to "Release" and see if the "Enable automatic merging" becomes available.

(I have verified that this is a UI bug and raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5468 to track it)

Lucid Software November 5, 2014

Thanks for filing the bug. I tried that. The checkbox is enabled, and the form submits, but after submission, the field is disabled, and automatic merging doesn't work.

Marcin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Thanks for the update - I'll dig deeper and see if I can work out what's going on!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events