Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use bitbucket cloud account on bamboo?

Leonard Butz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2019

Hi

We have an old bamboo running on a machine in our office that cannot access our companies bitbucket repositories in the cloud anymore.

We have a special "Build" account in Bitbucket, that has read access to all our repos. Now when we go to our linked repositories page in bamboo and select "Use shared credentials to authenticate", we get the following error when we click on "Load Repositories":

Failed to load data from Bitbucket. com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.api.BitbucketApiException: HTTP 403 Because your Atlassian account admin requires single sign-on, you'll need to authenticate with an app password. Create an app password at https://bitbucket.org/account/admin/app-passwords

We know that we need to create a new "app password" for some reason, but if we try to login on bitbucket with the same Build user, it tells us what we cannot longer use the username to login, but the build user does not have an email, so we are not sure what we need to enter.

Has there been a change recently that prevents our bamboo from logging in using the username? What can we do to fix this? None of our builds are running anymore.

I appreciate any help :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2019

Hi @Leonard Butz,

Quite a while ago Bitbucket integrated with Atlassian ID for authentication and other purposes, and that flow indeed makes a step away from username towards using email.

Migration process was going for about half a year if not longer, and what happened recently, I believe, is the old authentication flow has been turned off, and all users that haven't migrated by that time were automatically migrated to Atlassian ID.

What I'd suggest you to do is to raise a support case here, describe this issue again (feel free to also link to this community question and my answer) and specify Bitbucket username in question. We then can lookup the state of the user and sort this out. My guess is that there actually is an email set up for that user, you just don't remember what it is.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events