Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to use a branch to merge with multiple branches

i have a prod and qa branch for respective environments (in bitbucket) to deploy my changes.

now when a developer wants to pull in their change in bitbucket and target qa and then prod what they currently do is create a branch from qa and on the same branch they pull in their changes from their dev environment,post which they raise a pr and deploy to qa

now when they want to move the changes to production they create another branch (this time release as the parent) and pull in their changes from the dev org to this new branch and then deploy their changes to production.

Is there a better way to manage this situation?

NOTE:i can't merge qa and prod branches as they might have additional set of files present in qa which are not moved to production.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,170 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you