Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SSH to connect to a DigitalOcean Droplet ?

Shalaw Fatah March 1, 2022

I have a GatsbyJS repo on bitbucket and I have a hard time building a pipeline. I think using SSH is a good way to go. But I still don't know how to make the connection. Here is my attempt.

- pipe: atlassian/ssh-run:0.4.0

variables:

SSH_USER: 'root'

SERVER: $WEB_HOST

COMMAND: su - $WEB_USER && cd web-react && git commit -am "changes" && git pull origin master && npm i && npm run half-prod

PORT: $PORT

SSH_KEY: $DO_SSH

ENV_VARS: $PASSWORD

DEBUG: true

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Shalaw Fatah 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you!

Can you let me know what's the error message you receive when you try to connect to the remote server? That would help me troubleshooting the problem you face. 

Also as a suggestion, I would like to recommend you to use the Bitbucket Cloud's internal SSH key solution:  https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/variables-and-secrets/

Once you generated the SSH key in Bitbucket Cloud, please add the configured public key under your server's /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

Please let us know how it goes, we're here to help.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events