Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update docker image in Bitbucket Pipelines

Deleted user January 23, 2019

Hi,

I have successfully followed the guides to create a custom docker image to be used with Bitbucket Pipelines. 

After doing so, I updated my docker image to add a few text files but when my pipeline step runs, I'm getting an error that the files cannot be found.

I have already performed the following debugging:

- checked the image to ensure the text files are there: yes

- added command to the pipeline step to list all the directories: the directory containing the files I need is missing

Is it possible to somehow "force refresh" the docker image/container used by Bitbucket Pipelines so that it updates with the missing files? If so, how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Ennio Trojani August 14, 2019

Hi,

just trying to understand if I got correctly: 

What happens then if you use one images as base image for several pipelines and then you update it? 

Would I have to update the  tag for the base  on all the pipelines ? 

Thanks ! 

0 votes
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2019

Hi Celso,

Bitbucket Pipelines has a registry cache to speed up start-up times of builds. There is currently no way to refresh the cache (as other users could be using the same image).

The best solution I can offer is to update your Docker image with a different tag and then reference the new tag in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml configuration.

Thanks,

Phil

Mauro Ribeiro May 22, 2019

I tried creating a new tag and changing it in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml and still uses the old image.

Like josep likes this
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

What's the tag you created?

What does your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file look like?

bartlomiejgajda November 8, 2020

Hello, I created 1.0 tag and there is no difference. Before I didn't use any tag, just image name.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events