Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Jira client from Mac?

Sergey Guenender July 1, 2022

The app no longer work, it invites you to update itself, then the update is not found in App Store (make sense).

But when I try to remove it from the Apps in Finder following message shows up:

The item “Jira” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its extensions are in use.

Any help is appreciated!

p.s. I'm on macOS Monterey.

1 answer

0 votes
Alie Sesay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Hello @[deleted],

Welcome to the community!

I recommend that you disable the Jira extension from the browser. 

We have relevant documentation for this feature located here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html

Next, please proceed as follows:

1. Stop the running of JIRA Client

• If JIRA Client is still running on the Mac, right-click on JIRA Client on the Dock, and click Exit/Quit
  • Click on Go--- Utilities--- Activity Monitor
  • Check the list of processes which are running at the background, and make sure there is no the JIRA Client associated processes
  • If you find that there is a related process still running on the Mac, please select it, and click on the Quit button to stop its operation

2. Start to remove JIRA Client

• Click on Finder, navigate to the Applications folder via the left pane
  • Locate the JIRA Client icon in the Applications folder, and drag it to the Trash on the Dock
  • Move the cursor to the top menu, and click on GO
  • Select Go to folder..., and type "~/library/" in the box, hit/press Return button.
  • After that, you will be taken to the Library folder
  • Open Application Support, and delete the folder with the name of JIRA Client or the vendor inside
  • Back to the Library folder, and click on Caches, and then delete all of caches files of JIRA Client
  • Likewise, open the Preferences, LaunchAgents, LaunchDaemons, PreferencePanes, StartupItems and Logs folder one by one in Library, and erase any file belonging to the JIRA Client application

After all the associated files are cleaned up on the Mac computer, you should right-click on the Trash icon, select Empty Trash, and restart the Mac.

Please let me know if it helps.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Alie Sesay 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events