Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store files on a bucket subdirectory using google-cloud-storage-deploy

André Rugere May 22, 2024

Hi guys!

I built a simple pipeline to copy files from a folder and upload them to a GCS bucket using the google-cloud-storage-deploy pipe, as shown below:

# Copy dags files to GCS bucket
pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: 'Pushing files to GCS bucket'
script:
- pipe: atlassian/google-cloud-storage-deploy:2.0.0
variables:
KEY_FILE: $GOOGLE_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_KEY
BUCKET: 'bucket-test'
SOURCE: 'files/'

However, I don't want these files to be stored in the root of bucket-test, I want them in a subdirectory called folder.

Is it possible to do that using the google-cloud-storage-deploy pipe? I couldn't find an example and got errors when trying to do that by passing bucket-test/folder as a value for the BUCKET variable.

So in summary, right now this pipeline is doing this:

├── folder/
├── file1
├── file2
└── file3

and I want it to do this:

└── folder/
├── file1
├── file2
└── file3

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2024

Hi @André Rugere . We released new version 2.1.0 of the pipe, which allows you to upload to custom blob:

script:
  - pipe: atlassian/google-cloud-storage-deploy:2.1.0
    variables:
      KEY_FILE: $KEY_FILE
      BUCKET: 'my-bucket'
      SOURCE: 'myFile.txt'
      BLOB_NAME_PREFIX: 'my-folder/'

Regards, Igor

André Rugere May 30, 2024

That's awesome, thanks for letting me know!

1 vote
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2024

@André Rugere hi. Try to rename your files to `folderName/fileName` inside your `files/` folder.
Additional details: Google Cloud Storage simulated folders .

Regards, Igor

André Rugere May 24, 2024
Hi @Igor Stoyanov , thanks for answering.

However, I don't think renaming our source files is a good approach in our case. In the documentation you sent me, there's an example using the gcloud command that aligns with the behavior I was expecting:

gcloud storage cp your-file gs : //your-bucket/abc/ 
As a result of this command, Cloud Storage creates an object named abc/your-file in the bucket your-bucket.

Notice that the bucket name includes /abc/, indicating the folder where the file should be placed.

I wish I could achieve the same with the google-cloud-storage-deploy pipe, for example:

BUCKET: 'bucket-test/folder'
Is it possible or is there any other similar way to do that?
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2024

@André Rugere , This feature is not supported in current implementation of the pipe.

We will investigate it and notify you when new pipe version with this feature will become available.

Regards, Igor

Like André Rugere likes this
André Rugere May 27, 2024

@Igor Stoyanov oh I see, no worries.

Are these pipes open to external contributors? I could try implementing this feature if you think it's reasonable. Let me know how I can help :) 

Thanks!

Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2024

@André Rugere , pipes are open-sourced, you could suggest feature and follow release process: How to contribute .

Or you could wait until our team will implement this feature.

Regards, Igor 

Like André Rugere likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events