How to stop a pull request from being merged?

Kirill Shmelev May 17, 2017

In our BitBucket configuration it is possible to add changes to the pull request and merge it after the initial approval is given.

The scenario:

1) Create a pull request from the dev branch to master

2) Approve it by someone else

3) Push more changes to the same branch dev branch. The changes now appear in the same pull request

For some reasons, the new changes do not require an approval and can be merged now along with the main change.

Can we change BitBucket configuration in such a way that every new change to the pull request resets the number of approvals to zero?

3 answers

1 vote
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2017

The free Bitbucket Server Auto Unapprove Plugin probably does what you're looking for.

It's free, open source, and maintained by Atlassian.   In a couple weeks I'm hoping it will stop dropping approvals for immaterial changes (like clean rebases, clean synchronization merges, amended commit messages, etc).

- Sylvie

(I'm the author of the paid Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server add-on. If you check out my add-on, you'll see why I decided to send a pull-request to the Unapprove add-on.   Customers were reporting bugs against *my* add-on to say my Rebase button was dropping their approvals!)

0 votes
Kirill Shmelev May 17, 2017

Unfortunately, we use our own local installation.

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

If you can tag this question (and any future ones) as "bitbucket-server", then that will help clarify things for the people answering them.

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

If you're using Bitbucket Cloud (bitbucket.org) then there's a "Reset approvals when the source branch of a pull request is modified" option in the branch permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events