Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip the "14-day grace period" on a deleted account?

3ernardo January 18, 2019

I accidentally created a bitbucket account for my new corporate email, what I really wanted to do was to add this email as an alias of my actual bitbucket account. So I deleted the accidental account and tried to add the email as an Alias, but since there is this "14-day grace period" I can't. I am positively sure that I don't want that empty account, but I really need to add the email as an alias since all corporate repositories are being shared with my through this new email.

2 answers

1 vote
Joel Hunn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2024

Hi Guys

We had the same issue. 

We've renamed the Account that have to be deleted.

Maybe that helps

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hi Bernardo, welcome to the Community!

It's not possible to skip those 14 days, you'll need to wait before being able to delete the account. 

However, note that your colleagues won't be able to share their repositories with you even if you add that email as an alias, repositories can only be shared with a primary account, so you'll need to make this email the primary one. The purpose of email aliases is to help you track commits from any other email address not part of your Atlassian account. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ana

dvolpato September 30, 2019

Hi, Ana,

I'm having a related issue.

I've deleted a previous account, the grace period has ended, but I still cannot add the email from this previous account as an alias. I keep getting the "... is already in use by another user.".

Any thoughts on how could I get this done?

Like # people like this
Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

@dvolpatoDid you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events