Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show all open Pull Requests for all Workspaces

SvenTheBarbarian March 23, 2023

Since the recent change to the bitbucket.org user interface that presents only details for one Workspace, is there a way to find all open Pull Requests across all Workspaces?

I work on a large number of Workspaces and used to review all Pull Requests in one place, now it is very difficult to find remaining Pull Requests across all Workspaces.

2 answers

1 vote
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2023

G'day, @SvenTheBarbarian 

We are changing the navigation UI to a single workspace view so Bitbucket Cloud aligns closer with other Atlassian Cloud products like Jira Software and Confluence Cloud. The new navigation is designed to help unite the customer experience across our cloud suite.

Unfortunately, the options to view PR now require you to navigate the respective workspace rather than having a one-stop page showing all pr across workspaces.

We have an existing feature request on this that I highly suggest you Vote on and Watch it:

Also, don't forget to leave your comment in the Feature request on why you need this feature.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2023

Thanks for creating the ticket. Voted.

Can you explain how this approach was validated agains bitbucket user needs?

I have got the feeling that sometimes Atlassian may have a tendency to base it's PM decisions on navel-gazing, not on real-world user needs...

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2023

> "Bitbucket Cloud aligns closer with other Atlassian Cloud products like Jira Software and Confluence Cloud"

How so? I use both Jira Cloud (your work > Worked on or Viewed) and Confluence Cloud (Discover and Pick up where you left off) extensively and the respective Home page show me all activity across Jira projects and Confluence spaces. 

Are you planning to scrap these as well?

Clarification would be well appreciated.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

G'day @Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_ 

This is explained in our blog, Improving navigation for Bitbucket users

That said, I don't think we are making any changes on Jira/Confluence side, but instead, we want Bitbucket to be alignment with other Atlassian products. This is mentioned in the blog under "Why these changes?".

If you have further inquiries, please raise a ticket with us.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Marketplace Partner
March 28, 2023

Thank you for the link, @Syahrul - I do understand how the horizontal tabs like 'People' and 'Pull Requests' are scoped for the current workspace, how that aligns with Jira (Project) and Confluence (Space), and how that brings performance improvements.

However I still fail to understand how the 'Your work' tab in bitbucket with single workspace scope aligns with Jira and Confluence as mentioned above. IMHO 'Your work' is the place the gives me a unified stream of my activity across workspaces, as it does for Jira (across projects) and Confluence (across spaces).

Thanks, Ulrich

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
March 30, 2023

Hi @SvenTheBarbarian 

I really hope that ticket receives more votes and that feature is implemented in the future. You can count with my vote.

In the meantime, if you need to easily see pull requests across different Workspaces in a single centralized place, I suggest you give a try to our app Dashboard Hub for Jira.

You can use different "Open Pull Requests" gadget to display data from different workspaces in a single dashboard. I created this example for you:

pull request example.png

You can add as many "Open Pull Request" gadgets as workspaces you want to track. In addition to that, Dashboard Hub includes nearly 100 more gadgets, pre-defined templates, dynamic filters, 10+ integrations, external share, and much more. If you want to see firsthand how these dashboards work and feel, have a look at these live Agile and DevOps dashboards.

Feel free to try Dashboard Hub for Jira free for 30 days and see if it solves your pain until this feature is implemented natively.

Hope it helps,

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager at Appfire

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events