Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Bitbucket(Stash) Server and client(for win 10)

Suresh Kharod March 13, 2018

Dear All,

I am new to Stash/Bitbucket. My requirement is :

My client is having an already Stash Server setup for different other projects. So client want me to extend the same server to manage my Java ADF project code as well.

As I don't know how to setup this. I am having background in tortoise SVN where we were having a Server and Client application separately and both of these application were talking to each other. 

Even client is also not aware of how to configure all this.

So My Queries are:

Do I need a separate Client Application locally on my machine? if yes

Which is that App and how to configure. 

Someone in my team suggest to use Bitbucket V4.1 4.9 and I am not aware of what it is and I can just go for it.

So please suggest what I should do and how I should setup this.

Thanks 

Suresh Kumar

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2018

Hi Suresh,

Bitbucket Server (formerly known as Stash) is an application for managing git repositories. If there already is a server that hosts projects, then all that needs to be done on that server is to create another project and repository for you to work with.

Once that's in place all you need is git (or a git client of your choice) to clone the repository from there or to push your existing code to that repository.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suresh Kharod March 13, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thanks for quick reply !

Could you please suggest, which are preferred Git Client for the same. 

Thanks 

Suresh Kumar 

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2018

Hi Suresh,

The choice is yours - but for obvious reasons I'll recommend our very own free git client, Sourcetree, available for download from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events