Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set push local repository to bitbucket with egit?

mikemartin221 February 26, 2013

Hello,

I have egit plugin installed on eclipse and when I was using github I had no issues. I am now trying to use egit at work and I noticed that people were recommending bitbucket. I follow all the original steps that you would to push to bitbucket.

1. Generate a RSA key in eclipse and save it

2. Take key and save it on bitbucket

3. In eclipse, create Remotes and configure the URI ssh://git@bitbucket.org/username/helloworld.git

4. In eclipse, save and push

I then get some weird error message:

ssh://git@bitbucket.org/accountname/helloworld.git: The server's host key is not
cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you think it is.
The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is
ssh-rsa 2048 97:8c:1b:f2:6f:14:6b:5c:3b:ec:

aa:46:46:74:7c:40
Connection abondoned

What should I do next? What is the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mikemartin221 February 27, 2013

By the way this is a windows 7 machine

I am unsure what the error was saying, so I did trial and error. I was able to get egit to work with bitbucket on another computer. I then realized that the computer that was able to push didn't have plink installed. I unstalled plink then I noticed that eclipse was trying to find plink because a error was popping up.

So, I deleted the installed version of eclipse. Then moved over a fresh copy of eclipse that had egit installed. Added the existing key to eclipse. Made sure the key was in bitbucket. Then created new local respository and then configured the remote for the bitbucket repository.

It works now....

So the issue was that plink some how was interconnect to eclipse and the place in eclipse that manages the keys isn't used by plink. So, I managed to remove plink completely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events