Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set email notification to a user when a commit made to Bitbucket repository?

Sai Venkatesh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2018

I want to set an environment, where each commit to a repository in Bit bucket should be notified to a user.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Hi! The way to achieve that will depend on whether you're using Bitbucket Server or Cloud.

In Bitbucket Cloud, users that are watching a repository will receive a notification when someone pushes a commit to the repo. These email notifications will be sent to your primary email. You can enable/disable them following the steps:

1. From your avatar in the bottom left, click Bitbucket settings.
  2. Click Notifications under General.
  3. Depending on your current setting, click Enable email or Disable email.
    When email is disabled, the Email me about settings aren't available.

There's more info available at Manage email notifications

In Bitbucket Server this functionality is not included, you can use a plugin such as Notifyr - Notifications for Bitbucket.

Hope that helps you!

Ana

renzo_quaira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2020

Hi . I have already activated that option but I am not receiving email, before this option there was another one located in repository setting that it actually worked for me. I can't receive push notifications from users from my team to my bitbucket email account.

Please help.

Omar Allauddin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 3, 2020

Hello. Can you @Ana Retamal please post a screenshot of the page that has Enable email and Disable email?

Sandeep G
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 4, 2021

image.png

Sandeep G
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 4, 2021

And any suggestion on how to trigger based on the project level?

Like Adlai Shawareb likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events