How to selectively choose what files are pushed to the server

Laura Addiego February 5, 2021

Hello, 

We created and built (dist folder) an angular application.

The backend of the application (php) is inside the 'api' folder

The 'assets' folder contains images and such

angular application.png

The application to work needs to have all the files all the files inside the 'dist' folder, plus 'api' folder, plus 'assets' folder.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.18.48 AM.png

Question:

How do I make it so the repo in bitbucket has all the files (first image), but to the server I only push/pull the ones needed for the application to run (2nd image)?

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

Hi Laura, nice question. What hinders you to only push the files you want to push to the server?

Laura Addiego February 7, 2021

Hi Ktomk,
The repo in Bitbucket contains all the files, but I don't know how pull only a selective number of files from the server.

If the repo in Bitbucket contains the file structure shown on the the first figure, Is it possible to pull from the server:

a) the entire 'api' folder

b) the entire 'assets' folder (the one at root level)

c) all the files inside the "dist/[project_name]' (index.html, main, pily, runtme, styles) and place them at root level

d) all the files inside the 'dist/[project_name]/assets' and place them inside the 'assets' folder (numeral 'b' above).

How would I do that??

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events