Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to see al the commits? Can't do a pull request...

Hi all,

I've moved some repositories to a new workspace, but now I can't see the previous commits, not even the commit I did after the relocation (which worked fine). Related most probably, I can't trigger a pull request, nor can I see the commit in our JIRA workspace. Anybody tips? It looks like a bug to me, but I can't get in touch with official support as I need to have a paid subscription for that....

Thanks in advanca!
Fred.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Fred,

I would like to ask for some additional info, so I can better help you with this issue:

1. Is it recent commits that are missing from the repo, e.g. commits from the last few weeks? Or is it older commits?

2. If you make a new clone of this repo now on your machine, can you see the missing commits in your clone with the command git log? Please note that if the commits belong to a branch other than the main branch of the repo, you'll need to do a git fetch and checkout this branch first. I am asking this in order to understand if this is a UI issue, or if the commits are not part of the history.

There are two possible reasons I can think of for this behavior:

i. The issue may have to do with this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-19548

If you make a new clone of the repo and you can see the commits locally, it's most likely because of this bug. The commits exist in the repo's history, but they don't show in the UI.
Users have reported that pushing a new commit to the repo solves the issue. If you have no new commits to push, you can create a test branch, push to the test branch, and then delete this branch.

ii. It is possible that a push was done to the repo with the flag --force or -f, which can result in loss of commits from history.

If you make a new clone of the repo and you cannot see the commits locally, it's likely that this is the reason.
If you have another clone of the repo that has these missing commits, you can use that clone to restore them.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes and if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,231 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you