Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve all the users and their respective permissions for a particular repository?

sachin shejul January 19, 2023

I want to fetch details about user and their permission for a particular repository in a single API. Currently I am able to fetch details about all the repos for a particular workspace and using response of it, I have to use another API to fetch user and permission details.

Is there any way that for a particular project, I will get the details about all repos and their user and permissions under that project? 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Hi @sachin shejul and welcome to the community.

This is not possible to do with a single API call.

Please keep in mind that there are two ways a user can have access to a repo

(1) via a user group (i.e. you invite a user to a user group, and then you add this user group to a repo from Repository settings > User and group access)

(2) direct repo access (i.e. you add a user to a repo from Repository settings > user and group access)

You can use this endpoint to list all explicit group permissions for a repository:

You can use the following endpoint to list all explicit user permissions to a repository:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events