Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve error connection to ActiveDirectory server for Auth

Brian Tucker August 11, 2014

I am evaluating Stash for purchase and I am having some trouble configuring it to work with our active directory server in house. I filled out the credentials in the user directory segment and the dns name for the DC. I ran the test and it passed.

I attempted to login using my AD credentials and received the error:

"The remote authentication server is not available. Please try again later."

I checked the log file and found the same error message repeated. Closer inspection of the log with debugging turned on revealed:

Caused by: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1 ]

which appears to be invalid credentials. What can I do to trouble shoot this and what could I have misconfigured to cause this? Why does it pass the test and then say its unavailable for login?

Do I have to manually create a stub user in stash for domain accounts first?

2 answers

0 votes
Brian Tucker August 12, 2014

Ok so on a whim I decided to try and pre-add a domain user account to see if that was even a needed thing. When I went to the users page I saw it prepopulated with all sorts of domain users but all the WRONG ones. Turns out the DN container I listed was completely wrong. The error was not super indicitive of that but it kinda makes sense when you think about the error code 49 related to this issue.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hi Brian, the LDAP error code 49 means that the Username or Password that is defined in your LDAP configuration (User Directories) is not correct. It's strange that the test worked, but you may need to check what's the correct credentials to connect to your LDAP.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events