Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to require SSO?

Ben Smith April 6, 2022

Is it possible to configure BitBucket to require SSO via Microsoft or Google?  I am able to restrict access to specific email domains.  However, I cannot seem to find a way to disable the basic login.

2 answers

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi, @Ben Smith, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

With Atlassian access, it’s possible to enforce single sign-on. I see your account has Atlassian Access enabled, so your org admin should be able to require SSO by following the next steps: 

• Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one. 

• Select Security > Authentication policies

• Select Edit for the policy you want to enforce. 

• Select Enforce single sign-on. 

In case you would like to read more about authentication settings and SAML single sign-on, you can access the following links: 

Please feel free to share any additional information regarding this case. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Ivan Arsenov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023

Hi Caroline,

Is it still done this way? I can't seem to find the option to Enforce SSO within Authentication policies. There is an option to enforce 2FA, but for SSO only enabling/blocking it is available.

EDIT
Sorry, I managed to sort it out while creating a new policy, it was available there. I was trying to edit an existing one.

Thanks!

Like Patrik S likes this
0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Here's a Marketplace app that provides SSO connection to Azure AD for Atlassian Cloud apps.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222230/azure-active-directory?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events