Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove old Bitbucket server versions after an upgrade

David Patiño December 15, 2020

Hello,

We've been performed many bitbucket upgrades during last years. Now we need to get free space in the server removing no needed older versions. How could we remove old Bitbucket server versions after an upgrade? What are the paths to remove? In linux server is it manually?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

It depends on how you have been doing the upgrades.

A standard upgrade process will create a new bitbucket installation directory and reuse the data (home) directory, so I would expect to see a batch of old install directories that you are no longer using.  You can simply delete these entirely.

If you've been doing it in other ways, or taking backup copies, then we can't tell you anything more than "delete the stuff you're not using"

David Patiño December 15, 2020

Hi,

Standard upgrade, installation directory in /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/x.x.x

So I guess directly remove (rm -rf) each x.x.x older version, isn't it?

Thnask a lot.

Kind Regards,

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

I can't be 100% sure but that sounds like what I did on our Windows server to clean up old versions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2020

Sorry for the delay, but yes, exctly that!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events