Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove commit that does not exists but it listed on web ?

R September 28, 2020

So the situation is like this(web):

2020-09-28 21_21_36-bedstar _ bedstar — Bitbucket.png

This is what I see on a WEB. commit 7d00(A) is seen there and was done via WEB interface - unfortunately, it does have changes from 3f3f(C) as child. Commit f513(B) has changes from C too.

Commit C and B was done via HTTPS and SSH.

There is no branch but web states branch might be (D) - but it is not,

On a console, I did perform this. I do not see 7d00 - even for a rebase.

Any idea what to do?

$git fetch origin
$git checkout origin/master
$git reset --hard origin
HEAD is now at f513.......

$git branch
* master

$git log --all --oneline
* f513 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) XXXX
* 3f3f XXXX
* 8bfe XXXX
* 5c02 XXXX
* ad8e XXXX

### did try - but no help - cannot see 7d00
$git fsck --lost-found
$git fsck --unreachable

1 answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Hi @R,

This is a very interesting situation.  Looking at the image it really looks like some how you have managed to get an orphaned commit.

Have you tried running:

gitk

or:

git log --graph --reflog

Either of those might help you find the missing commit locally.  I think once you have found it that will make it easier to be able to get the changes included in the master branch.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

R September 28, 2020

Thanks for the reply. rlog and gitk just point me to f513(B), both are on the master branch and both have parent 3f3f(C). Repo is in fast-forward mode. It is not possible to see commit 7d00(A) after clone. Interesting is that when there was autotaging - it did tag this commit(A), but after checking logs it does tag previous one(B) - but the tag A on web GUI shows correctly. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

That's really weird!?  It might be worth putting in a ticket to Atlassian Support to have them look at the logs on the back end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events