How to properly display renamed or moved files in new pull request experience?

Mateusz Jabłoński January 14, 2020

I am using new pull request experience and have noticed an issue, which makes it almost impossible to work.

There is no way to determine, which files were renamed or moved between directories. If I move a file or rename a file, they all are marked as removed from previous path, and created at current path. Is this an BitBucket issue, or is there some option to change the way it is displayed?

Old experience works exactly as expected - files are marked as moved, and I can even see the changes within this moved file, if there are any.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

We're still working on the kinks in the new pull request experience. This is a known issue that we are tracking here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-19752

Mateusz Jabłoński April 30, 2020

@seanaty The issue you have linked consists of two separate errors. The problem with renaming/moving files exists regardless of the size of file. In general, file can be even empty, and the same problem still occurs. I think it should be a separate issue with medium priority, as stated in the issue comments.

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Mateusz Jabłoński 

This is interesting, can you please share the screenshots of the same PR from the old pull request page and the new pull request page?

Mateusz Jabłoński January 14, 2020

Sure.

What I did in this PR, is:

• renamed file DesignSchemaJson_MOCK.swift to DesignSchemaJSON.swift
  • created new DesignSchemaJSON_MOCK.swift file with different content

In old experience, I see exactly what I did - rename with no change + new file.

List view: 

old-exp-list.png

Code view:

old-exp-code.png

But in new experience, this is what I see - 2 new files, and 1 removal.

List view:

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-14 o 13.14.07.png

Code view:

new-exp.png

I have this issue with every single moved or renamed file in every project hosted on BitBucket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events