How to propagate data cross-plugin? I.e. from Hook to Merge-check

I want to be able to either notify or propagate data somehow from a hook to a merge-check. Maybe the merge-check can introspect the state of the hook?

In particular I want the processing done on a post-receive hook be able to inform the merge-check.

What's the best way to do this without combining the two plugins?

use-case: post-receive hook parses "core-reviewers" which are required for specific files touched, but they're not repository or project wide, so needs to be on an ad-hoc post-receive basis and enforced by the merge-check plugin.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Oct 20, 2017

I have own plugin hence I can check full cycle, I mean pre-receive, merge and post-receive.  like this one 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-check-on-preceive-hook-merge-commit/qaq-p/645183/jump-to/first-unread-message

As I understand do you want fix your use case via one own custom plugin, is that correct?

Thanks for clarify.

Cheers, 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

No, I want to propagate data from one plugin to another, so two plugins. I want the receive hook to be able to inform a separate merge-check plugin.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

402 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you