Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to propagate data cross-plugin? I.e. from Hook to Merge-check

Ken Wigginton October 20, 2017

I want to be able to either notify or propagate data somehow from a hook to a merge-check. Maybe the merge-check can introspect the state of the hook?

In particular I want the processing done on a post-receive hook be able to inform the merge-check.

What's the best way to do this without combining the two plugins?

use-case: post-receive hook parses "core-reviewers" which are required for specific files touched, but they're not repository or project wide, so needs to be on an ad-hoc post-receive basis and enforced by the merge-check plugin.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2017

I have own plugin hence I can check full cycle, I mean pre-receive, merge and post-receive.  like this one 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-check-on-preceive-hook-merge-commit/qaq-p/645183/jump-to/first-unread-message

As I understand do you want fix your use case via one own custom plugin, is that correct?

Thanks for clarify.

Cheers, 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Ken Wigginton October 24, 2017

No, I want to propagate data from one plugin to another, so two plugins. I want the receive hook to be able to inform a separate merge-check plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events