Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass a username and password via URL to Bitbucket server

Jean-Paul September 28, 2017

I want to display bitbucket date on wallboard.  I do this already for JIRA and Confluence by passing the os_password and os_username parameters in the URL for a dummy account which has readonly access, but I've discovered this doesn't work for Bitbucket as I don't believe it uses the Seraph authentication library stack.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Julius Davies _bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

The free Token Authenticator app for Bitbucket Server is very handy for this sort of thing, since it allows you to auth without using any passwords.

Just be sure to set BOTH headers (X-Auth-User and X-Auth-Token) in your HTTP request once the app is in place and configured:

curl -s -H "X-Auth-User:$USERNAME" -H "X-Auth-Token:$TOKEN" 

(I usually forget to set both and just set X-Auth-Token and then I get really confused.)

Note: If you're on Bitbucket Cloud, then things are probably different.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

If the information you are looking for is available via the Bitbucket REST API, then you should be able to use BASIC authentication to login that. It is almost as easy as your method, but passes the username / password data via an HTTP header, not via the URL.

Jean-Paul October 1, 2017

Unfortunately I want to show contribution information exposed by the awesome graph plugin on a large wallboard to encourage our inner source initiatives, so it really needs to be the Bitbucket WebUI I show.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events