Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login Bitbucket using "username" ?

Deepak5j May 4, 2018

I did so earlier.

But now it's showing error. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Deepak! What error are you getting? Can you send us a screenshot?

Kind regards!

Ana

Deepak5j May 12, 2018

Thank you @Ana Retamal for your reply :)

Here are the screenshots.

1)

1.PNG

2)

2.PNG

After that when I enter my email and password. I get successful login.

I remember, earlier (approx 1 year earlier) I do login with username and password. As in  Github.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

Ahh, thanks for the screenshots @Deepak5j! That's because we changed the authentication method and now you're required to use your email address instead of the username, usernames will no longer be valid to log into Bitbucket Cloud. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

Like Deepak5j likes this
Joey Jreij October 5, 2018

So we did forget the email we used for the admin, we only have the username and password. How can I get the email?

Deepak5j November 28, 2018

Try login with your 'username' and 'password'. It will give error along with your email.

Diego Sepulveda Blanco December 17, 2018

@Ana Retamal I have a bitbucket account with which I accessed using the username. The associated email to the account is an alias on a gmail account. The problem is that you can not login with the alias accounts so I can not access.

What is the solution?

Thank you!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
December 17, 2018

Hi Diego!

If your Gmail alias is the primary account associated with your Bitbucket account, you'll be able to log in using it. The scenario where it wouldn't be possible to log in if it's an email address (or an alias for that email address) is associated with Bitbucket as a secondary email address or an alias. Does that make sense to you?

I've checked your account and I could see there's only one email address assosicated, so you should be able to log in using that one. Let us know!

Best regards!

Ana

Diego Sepulveda Blanco December 17, 2018

Hi Ana!

The problem is not with my account. We have a gmail account (foo@mycompany.com). This account was used to register the user 'user1' in bitbucket. The gmail account has an alias (bar@mycompany.com). This account was used to register the user 'user2' in bitbucket.

Account aliases in gmail do not allow login and we can access only through the email right now, so we can not access the account of the 'user2' to which we previously accessed by your username

Best regards!

Diego

Tania Kryvets April 23, 2021

I had the same issue. Basically when you have 'user1' and 'user2' associated with foo@mycompany.com, you can only access the most recently created of these two accounts.

The solution to this problem is:

1. Login to 'user1' account and change the email to a different one, the one that you never used for Atlassian before. You can do so at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email

2. Now that you have only 'user2' associated with foo@mycompany.com you will be able to log into it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events