Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know the JIRA issues included in a build on bitbucket

Michaël Lemieux May 12, 2022

Hi community, this is my first question posted!

As product manager, I would like to see the list of JIRA issues/bugs that were included in a deployment pipeline build on bitbucket, such that I can track the progress to production and identify whether an issue/bug is included in a specific build. 

So, it is currently possible for me to track down the issues that were included in a specific build, but my journey to do this is really time consuming. What I would expect is some kind of report that would include all the JIRA issues that are included in a specific build number. That way, I do not have to track down pull requests, commits and so on to identify all the issues included. 

I'm using Team-managed project and bitbucket cloud. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

Hi Michaël!

If you have an integration with Jira Cloud, and if you use Pipelines deployments (deployment keyword in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file), this should be possible.

You can

1. Open the repo on Bitbucket website
  2. Select Deployments from the sidebar on the left
  3. Select the deployment environment you are interested in. On the right side of the page, you will see a list of all builds that have deployed to that environment.
  4. Select the build you are interested in, and you will see a new window that has the tabs Commits, Diff, Issues. The Issues tab will show you all associated Jira issues.

There is more info on how to set this up (in case you haven't already) in the following link:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events