Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the available resources.

John_Chesshir June 8, 2018

I tried introducing a new internal image to my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, and the build gave me this message without running anything.

"A step does not have the minimum resources needed to run (1024 MB). Services on the current step are consuming 4096 MB"

So it appears that I need to increase the resources available for the build to run.  How can I go about doing that?

1 answer

2 votes
StannousBaratheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi @John_Chesshir

A step in Pipelines has 4GB of available memory by default. You can increase this to 8GB by running 2x builds: https://blog.bitbucket.org/2018/02/20/support-large-builds-bitbucket-pipelines/

When you add a service to a step it will consume 1GB by default. For example a step with a single service leaves 3GB for the rest of the build. The build space must have at least 1GB to run.

You can configure a service to use anywhere from 128 to 3072 MB (or 7128 MB for 2x builds). This allows you to dedicate less memory to services and more to the build space as required. Please see "Service memory limits" in our documentation for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-services-and-databases-in-bitbucket-pipelines-874786688.html

Regards

Sam

Harendra Singh March 5, 2019

But what does `1024 MB` mean in the error message? If the default value is 4 GB then how come running a service (docker) with 3 GB throws me this error?

Like # people like this
Sanjay Pant July 24, 2019

Is there any update on this?

StannousBaratheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

1024 MB is the minimum amount of memory required by the default build container. If you allocate docker 3072 MB then there will be 1024 MB left for the build container. E.g.

definitions:
   services:
      docker:
         memory: 3072

If you allocate docker 3073 MB or more you will see this error.

If you allocate docker 3072 MB and you have a second service you will see this error as the total memory pool is 4 GB and the build space must have at least 1 GB to run.

gaurav pant July 29, 2020

is there way, by which we can allocate more than 8GB of memory to a step?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events