Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to incorporate feedback from pull request

Atif Hassan January 29, 2022

Hi,

I am new to bitbucket. I tried to google it but unable to find exact answer for my question.

I created a feature branch. Made few changes in the feature branch then I pushed/committed all the changes from my local machine to Bitbucket feature branch on bitbucket.org. Then I created a pull request and added a reviewer.

My senior reviewed the pull request and added his code reviews/comments in the pull request.

Now I am stuck at this point how to incorporate changes which are mentioned by the pull request reviewer. Should I create another branch? I am totally stuck what to do next.

Please help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

@Atif Hassan 

I guess that is the whole point behind having feature branches. So that any code change (reviewed) need to be made then pushed again and merged to the Master once it is approved of course.

All the best,

Fadoua

Atif Hassan January 29, 2022

Thank you for your reply. What I want to know is for example I created a feature branch named "feature-b2bapi". I created the pull request for "feature-b2bapi" branch". Reviewer reviewed my code and suggested few changes. Now what should I do? Should i create a new branch and incorporate the changes suggested in the pull request or should I make changes in the existing "feature-b2bapi" feature branch? Or is there any other best practice to make the changes in the code in order to incorporate the pull request review feedback?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

From experience and best practice in my company is:

• Create a new branch after making the changes then push them to BB again

Best,

Fadoua

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2022

@Fadoua @Atif Hassan 

On top of what @Fadoua suggested, you can keep your local feature-b2bapi branch, make the suggested changes in your IDE and then

$ git commit -am"implemented review changes, or any commit comment"

$ git push

This way the existing pull request source branch (your feature branch) gets updated in Bitbucket and the pull request will reflect your updates. Your reviewer will be notified and re-review your changes and approve + merge.

If you create a new branch for every update, you would need a new pull request every time. IMO this would create unnecessary overhead.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best, Ulrich

Like Fadoua likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events