It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to identify the cause of an error using Bitbucket Project export API (using curl)

I receive "There is no export job with ID 'xyz'." when I test exporting. Specifically I receive this message when I use the "/message" API to test success.

Note that using the "/preview" option lists all of the repos in the source project that I seek to export. The following is run from a bash script.

curlCmd="curl -o bb-project-export-output.json -u username:passwd -n -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json' --data @Project-repo-body-for-export.json https://url-for-bb/bitbucket/rest/api/1.0/migration/exports"
nohup $curlCmd &
echo $!
curl -u username:passwd - -n -X GET https://url-for-bb/bitbucket/bitbucket/rest/api/1.0/migration/exports/$!/messages | jq .

This is a single node, Bitbucket Data Center instance (6.10) with a trial license (I changed from the production server license to support migrating a subset of projects and their repos to a 3-node Bitbucket Data Center instance that is also version 6.10).

I have system admin privileges for the Bitbucket instance's source project which means that its repos also have this permission.

I have sudo privileges on the Linux server hosting the Bitbucket instances.

I assume that I don't have to be authenticated as the Bitbucket user for exports to work. (Based upon not seeing this as a requirement in the documentation.)

I assume but haven't checked that there is sufficient disk space.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Bitbucket Server 7.0 is here!

Hello Community, I’m Anton Genkin, a product manager on the Bitbucket Server and Data Center team and am excited to share that Bitbucket Server 7.0 is now available! It's a platform release, one th...

1,578 views 6 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you