Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle "Needs Work" ?

Daniel Schumacher May 15, 2018

Hello !

We would like to know how to deal with "Needs Work" correctly.

The story so far:

- I opened an pull request for a branch i have been working on (I am the "author")

- The Reviewer views all my changes and leaves some comments.  He is not satisified with the result of my work and defines some tasks

- The Reviewer clicks Button "Needs Work". This state transition is displayed in the history. I receive an email informing me about that fact.

- I read the comments of the reviewer and work an his taks. And then i push new commits.

Now my question:

How can I (as the author of the branch) achieve a state transition back from "Needs work" to something like "Resolved". I have no options / buttons as far as I can see.

I want to Reviewer to be informed about the fact that all his tasks are finished and push him to review again.

Thank you for your support and kind regards

PS I also read the manual before contact the support.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver059/using-pull-requests-in-bitbucket-server-949254904.html

But

"Once the author pushes more changes to the pull request, revisit the pull request to review the new iteration."

That does not answer my question.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Once you've pushed your changes, the pull request should automatically transition back to the state where it's waiting for review and the reviewer should receive a notification, including one that's displayed in the "inbox" at the top right.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Daniel Schumacher May 15, 2018

Thank you very much !

I will give it a try

yesnault September 5, 2018

@Christian Glockner Is it possible to keep need work label on unapprove ?

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2018

Hey,

If you want to ensure that e PR is not merged as long as at least one reviewer status is set to Needs Work you can have a look at Needs Work Merge Check free plugin.

It provides an additional merge check for this reviewer status.

Cheers,

// Svante 

Brent P
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2018

The plugin looks great but keep in mind that "Needs work" is a transient status.

When someone pushes changes to a pull request, any "Needs Work" statuses will be removed so reviewers are reminded (in the dashboard and the inbox) to take another look at the pull request.

Igor Nemerovsky January 23, 2023

I am not able to assign PR status "Needs work" in Bitbucket cloud. I just can see/found on PR approval page. But I can see in our Service version. We just start moving to cloud. Please advice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events