Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give access to all present repositories?

Mariusz Włoga July 16, 2021

Hello,

I have a project with hundreds of repos and I'd like to give access to all of them for new user without entering in every single one. Is it possible?

Thanks for help in advance

Mariusz

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hi, @Mariusz Włoga! Welcome to the community! 

In order to add a user to all the repositories under your workspace without having to add them to each repo individually, the easiest way is using Groups. You can create a new group under your workspace and give it access to all the repositories with the permission you select. You can achieve this by following the next steps:

• Access your workspace > Settings

• Go to User groups > Create group

• Fill in the required fields and click on Confirm

• After you create the group, access it and click on Add Repository

• Select all the repositories you want to add to this group and click Confirm

After that, whenever you have a new user that you want to give access to all these repositories, you just need to add them to this group. 

I hope this helps you, but please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Mariusz Włoga July 21, 2021

Hi @Caroline R :) Thanks for reply

I tried what you propose. Unfortunately I got information that there is a limit of 20 repositories :/ I was disappointed. But then I found out that I can add 20 repositories many times. So it was possible to add almost 500 repos to my user group. However it cost me to many clicks. Is it possible to change the limit? I can imagine that I'm doing the same process in the future with another group.

Best regards

Mariusz

Like Caroline R likes this
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hi, @Mariusz Włoga!

Currently, the option to update the group's access to all repositories in the workspace is not available, but we understand this is an important feature. We used to have this option on Bitbucket, but after the Workspace settings got updated, the Update Repository Access feature was removed from the UI, so we created a bug to add this feature back to Bitbucket:

I've linked your question to this bug. Please consider adding yourself as a watcher, this way you get updated as we make progress with this.

If you are not familiar with our Bug Request Policy, you can read more about it here

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Like Mariusz Włoga likes this
Mariusz Włoga July 27, 2021

Thanks Caroline :)

Looking forward for the fix :)

Mariusz

Like Caroline R likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events