How to get updates only on pull requests I have commented on?

Evgeny Vinnik January 21, 2022

Hi,
Recently joined a company that uses Bitbucket for the version management. Have never used Bitbucket before.

Now,
I am facing the following problem: I can't easily keep track of whether my comments on pull requests were addressed by the author in any way (by liking, by replying or by changing code around it).

Couple examples:
This is the pull request UI. I have commented on some of the pull requests. There is no way for me to understand if author have commented on my comments unless I keep track of the comments number (an the problem that all engineering team pull requests go here, so not many are relevant to my part of the code or could be commented by me).
Is there any way to enhance it?
2022-01-21 15_21_36-insightly _ core _ Pull requests — Bitbucket and 18 more pages - Personal - Micr.png

Or here is my gmail folder.
I am getting notifications on all pull request changes (creation, merge etc).
2022-01-21 15_26_13-Slack _ eng_private _ Insightly _ 1 new item.png

Is there any way to only get emails if author replies my comment (I don't care comments by my colleagues for simplicity).

I have looked into notification settings - there is not enough flexibility there to be honest
2022-01-21 15_53_51-vinnikevgeny _ notifications — Bitbucket and 19 more pages - Personal - Microsof.png

seem that "Someone mentioning me" is the only way to keep on top of those notifications.

I am okay with some third-party improvements like chrome add-ons or maybe grease monkey scripts, or I, dunno, Slack bots. But something that would simplify the pull request tracking process for me.

So far the only way I have found to solve it is to open every pull request that I think I have remembered I have commented on regularly and checking if author have addressed my comment in any way so that I can approve pull request or comment more on it.
This is time consuming.

Also we are all working remotely so it is adding some lag.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Hi @Evgeny Vinnik 

Welcome to the Community!!

It seems like, you have participated in every pull request I can see in the image.

As of now, there's no way to restrict this. When you are the reviewer, it can't let you disable the notifications!! If you are just watching the PR or if you are the participant, the notifications are disabled

Also please check going forward, for new PR's where you comment on you will be added as a watcher.

Anyways leaving all the notifications apart, try this and let me know what you get?

P1.png

So you should be able to see the PR's which needs your review here

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022
Evgeny Vinnik January 22, 2022

@Pramodh M I saw these - these notifications aren't flexible enough when it comes to using them in a larger codebase with more contributors.
Amount of emails from watched entities becomes too large.
So I am wondering if something better exist.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events