Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the number of open pull requests to a specific branch, of a specific repository - API?

Alfred March 27, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am new to bitbucket cloud. I have a repository in bitbucket, say "testrepo" and I can clone it using url "https://my_user_name@bitbucket.org/my_user_name/testrepo.git". I have 3 branches, namely : master, release/1.0 and feature/1.0. I did some changes in feature/1.0 branch and created a pull request to release/1.0 branch. The pull request is not merged and is open. Using postman, or some other API client, is it possible to get the total number of open pull requests to my release/1.0 branch of testrepo?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2020

Hello @Alfred ,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, here's the endpoint for this: /2.0/repositories/{workspace}/{repo_slug}/pullrequests, with BBQL query to filter pull requests and partial response to get just what you're interested.

Something like this:

https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/my_user_name/testrepo/pullrequests?q=destination.branch.name%3D%22release%2F1.0%22%20AND%20state%3D%22OPEN%22&fields=size

Query is URL-encoded and not very human readable, here's the decoded version:

destination.branch.name="release/1.0" AND state="OPEN"

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

Alfred March 29, 2020

Thank you @Daniil Penkin  it works. Is there any difference to achieve the same in Bitbucket server v4.13?

Thanks.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2020

No worries :)

Yes, Bitbucket Server is very different, so is the API. Here's the documentation for the endpoint you need.

Cheers,
Daniil

Like Alfred likes this
Alfred March 30, 2020

Thank you so much for your support @Daniil Penkin 

Regards,

Alfred

Like Daniil Penkin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events