cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the names of licensed users?

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

I'm STASH system administrator.

Within administration pages I can see how many licenses are used by our users (http://stash:7990/admin/license).

Where can I see the names of the users that have required a license? (within STASH? REST-API? )

(I currently don't have access to STASH-DB directly, running STASH 2.5.2)

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gurleen Anand [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

Hi Johannes,

Please refer to this KB to help install a plugin that can list the licensed Stash users:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Determine+the+users+that+currently+occupy+Stash+license+seats

Thanks,

Gurleen

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Thanks for this hint - seems the thing I've been looking for.

Nevertheless I think this should be easier accessible ...

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

Doing as Seb suggested, I only get the users which are listed on the "Global permissions" under http://stash:7990/admin/permissions. Currently this are 5 users - and these are the infos I get using the described REST-API

BUT: As we do have allowed AD-authentication the page http://stash:7990/admin/license says that approx 20 licenses of our volume license are used. I want to find out which users do use a license - and this is NOT provided by the described API

1 vote
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2013

GET

<h6>/rest/api/1.0/admin/permissions/users?filter</h6>

This is a paged API.
Retrieve a page of users that have been granted at least one global permission.

The authenticated user must have ADMIN permission or higher to call this resource.

From our docs.

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/rest/stash/2.5.2/stash-rest.html#idp1471248

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Thanks for your fast answer

I thought I searched the API completly - but obviously not. There are far too much API functions ;-) (what's still confusing to me is the variety of namespaces to search for functionality - a plain view of all APIS of all namespaces might be helpful ...)

DTS Infra Admin February 24, 2020

<h6>/rest/api/1.0/admin/permissions/users?filter</h6>

This API does not return all the licensed users. In my case the number of licensed users shown under licensing in stash UI is much more than the users returned by API.

Is there any solution for it?

Thanks

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Unfortunately I considered my question as answered before I tested it.

Perhaps my formulation was not clear enough.

Assumed we have a 100 User license - and currently 50 licenses used. What I wanted to know is which users "eated up" our license pool ... (locally registered user & AD users ...)

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2013

Hi Johannes,

There may be a much simpler way than this, but you could write a simple plugin that gets all the users with the LICENSED_USED permission. As far as I can tell this isn't directly exposed by any of our current REST endpoints.

I hope that helps.

Charles

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

It's a pity, that this functionality is not exposed via REST.

As I'm not a JAVA developer, it's like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer for me to perform this task via plugin.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

Hi Johannes,

Just ignore me. I was looking at the wrong code. Seb is quite right. Can you use the permission REST endpoint to fetch all the users that have at least one permission, which is how we do our license check?

Charles

seb
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2013

I'm still not sure why you can't use the REST api though. Seems perfectly suited for it. Any user that is returned by that endpoint has acquired a license.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

Doing as Seb suggested, I only get the users which are listed on the "Global permissions" under http://stash:7990/admin/permissions. Currently this are 5 users - and these are the infos I get using the described REST-API

BUT: As we do have allowed AD-authentication the page http://stash:7990/admin/license says that approx 20 licenses of our volume license are used. I want to find out which users do use a license - and this is NOT provided by the described API (running STASH 2.5.2)

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Thanks for your fast answer

I thought I searched the API completly - but obviously not. There are far too much API functions ;-) (what's still confusing to me is the variety of namespaces to search for functionality - a plain view of all APIS of all namespaces might be helpful ...)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events