Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get support when I cannot register an account?

Robin Murison September 1, 2021

Hi,

Normally I would not discuss account issues on a community forum.
Unfortunately, when I tried to register a new account I never received the verification email.
So I cannot contact support directly about this issue.

The only issue I can think of is that when I first registered the account the email address I provided was incorrect and did not exist. So the first email may have failed to be delivered.

I would suggest as an improvement to the registration process that while registering an account that you give the opportunity to change the email address. I did not see a back button or an edit button.

If I start the process again with a valid email it would not let me register the same cloud name and so the first registration is partially complete.

So I decided to create the email account that I had registered with and I have since tested that it is receiving and sending emails correctly. I have tested using the email displayed on the registration page and ensured that the email account is the same as the registration email account.

Now, whenever I log in it fails to send me a verification email for some reason. There is nothing in my spam folder and the only emails in the inbox of the new email account are the internal emails used during the creation and the testing of the email account.

I do not know of any reason why Atlassian would fail to send me emails.

I would like to raise a ticket for that account but because the account is not fully registered I cannot.

So I am using a personal account to raise the issue on the community forum.

Can someone direct me to a customer support email address or phone number where

I can go into the details of the case in a less public place.

With Thanks

Robin Murison

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2021

Hi Robin,

If the email that you tried to create an account with did not exist, then we most likely received a hard bounce response from the mail server and then the email was placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I created a support ticket for you using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. In case you haven't received it, please let me know and I can post the link here (the ticket won't be visible to anyone other than you and Atlassian staff, even if they have the link).

You can leave a reply to this ticket and let us know the email you've been having issues with; we can check if it is in a suppression list and remove it if that's the case. After we remove it, you'll need to select resending the verification email, and there should be no issues.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events