Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get bitbucket account access in case if email id is deactivated.

Ateeq khan March 7, 2019

Hello Community members,

I am facing an issue with bitbucket account login, My bitbucket account was associated with my company email id which was managed by google account, recently I have changed my previous company and my employer deactivated my Gmail account. Now I am not able to get my bitbucket account.

Is there any way to link the account with another email id or can we recover account with the bitbucket user id. ? 

Thanks,

Ateeq

3 answers

0 votes
Ateeq khan March 8, 2019

Thanks Ana for your support.

I would like to update you that, it was my personal bitbucket account I linked to work account with the help of support, now again i want to get back my account as previously it was.

As you know any project owner has option to revoke the project access, so repositories associated with employer can be revoked by project admin.

I don't think there is any issue to get back my bitbucket account.

I already raised support ticket for this concern but still didn't get any help.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2019

Hi Ateeq, Bitbucket accounts can not be linked to each other, so maybe what they instructed you was to add your personal email address as an alias? If that's the case, we'll need to verify some information from you. Please keep in mind that if the primary email address belongs to your company, we won't be able to grant you access to that account.

I'll let my colleagues from Support know that you submitted a ticket so they can continue helping you with that. At this point it's not advisable to continue here as I'll need you to share some private info. 

If you have any other questions, let us know! We're happy to help.

Best regards,

Ana

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hi @Ateeq khan , using your work account for personal purposes is not a good idea, as whoever owns the email address owns the Bitbucket account. You'll need to contact your previous employer and explain your situation, and that's something that will need to be fixed between the two of you. Maybe you could propose that they give you access only to your personal projects so you can clone them.

Alternatively, if you have the projects on your local machine, you can just create a new account and upload them.

Hope that helps!

Ana

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

You can create a support ticket with Atlassian and see if they can help.

Ateeq khan March 8, 2019

Thanks Jobin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events