How to get a list of Jira issues related to a branch

Yaron Norani November 12, 2019

Hi,

We use the Jira - BitBucket integration.

So, every GIT commit is connected to one or many Jira issues.

Assuming I would like to query all Jira issues that are" connected" to a branch.

Or, more technical terms: Query all Jira issues that are linked to a commits that are reachable by specific branch.

How can I get this information from Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user November 12, 2019

Hi @Yaron Norani

You will be able to perform Advanced JQL searching on development fields reference. Please see the page Advanced searching - development fields reference

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Yaron Norani November 12, 2019

Vijay ,

Thanks for the quick response.

This will work only of I have created the brach from Jira from the development tool section?

My use case is that users creates branches using git commands.

Then apply the Jira ID at the commit message.

Yaron Norani November 17, 2019

Hi @[deleted]  

Can you please check this comment and response?

Thanks!

Deleted user November 18, 2019

Hi @Yaron Norani

Yes, the above JQL search will work only if you have your DVCS connected to your JIRA instance, basically we are performing search based on the development panel available in JIRA issue and JIRA will not be able to identify the issues if you do not have them configured and search and provide you the required results.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other native method which will allow you to get your required results.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Steve McAfee September 10, 2021

The linked JQL reference doesn't seem to allow for what was requested here. I can't query on a specific branch can I?  Could I record branches into a jira custom field somehow?

Yaron Norani February 20, 2022

Hi @Steve McAfee ,

Actually, this is what we did at the end.

We have created a tool that browsed all git commits, and added relevant data to Jira custom field accordingly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events