Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get a list of Jira issues related to a branch

Hi,

We use the Jira - BitBucket integration.

So, every GIT commit is connected to one or many Jira issues.

Assuming I would like to query all Jira issues that are" connected" to a branch.

Or, more technical terms: Query all Jira issues that are linked to a commits that are reachable by specific branch.

How can I get this information from Jira?

1 answer

Hi @yaron n

You will be able to perform Advanced JQL searching on development fields reference. Please see the page Advanced searching - development fields reference

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Vijay ,

Thanks for the quick response.

This will work only of I have created the brach from Jira from the development tool section?

My use case is that users creates branches using git commands.

Then apply the Jira ID at the commit message.

Hi @Vijay Ramamurthy _Appfire_  

Can you please check this comment and response?

Thanks!

Hi @yaron n

Yes, the above JQL search will work only if you have your DVCS connected to your JIRA instance, basically we are performing search based on the development panel available in JIRA issue and JIRA will not be able to identify the issues if you do not have them configured and search and provide you the required results.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other native method which will allow you to get your required results.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,886 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you