How to fix repository after trying to delete a file from complete repository?

I tried to delete a file from complete repository (1.6 GB) following this description:
https://help.github.com/articles/removing-sensitive-data-from-a-repository/

After executing

git push origin --force --all

the size of the repository was 2.2 GB.

How can I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Philipp! Are you using Bitbucket Cloud? If so, please refer to our official documentation at Reduce repository size to make sure you followed all the right steps. Also, keep in mind that it can take some time for the automatic garbage collection to run, this will run a number of housekeeping tasks within the current repository (such as compressing file revisions to reduce disk space and remove unreachable objects which may have been created). If your repo is still showing 2.2GB after some time, please let us know its name and we'll have a look from our side.

Cheers, 

Ana 

Hi Ana,

I could not reduce the size with garbage collecting.

The repo is dappremium/dap_typo.

Could you take a look?

Cheers
Philipp

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

636 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot