Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix an error in Eclipse when trying to commit code to Bitbucket

Glyndwr September 3, 2020

I am trying to commit (Team - Commit...) my project in Eclipse Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) Build id: 20160218-0600 to Bitbucket and I get the error:

Error occurred computing diffs
C:\Users\Glynd\Documents\gitignore_global.txt (The system cannot find the file specified)

The file is in this location - date last modified 14/01/2020 type .symlink and size 0 KB.

My last commit to Bitbucket was only two days ago.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue please. I am a novice at this so simple step by step instructions would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2020

Hello and welcome to the community!

My guess here would be that the reason for the error is that the file is a symlink.

Eclipse error message mentions that it cannot find the file C:\Users\Glynd\Documents\gitignore_global.txt, which I would assume to be a text file and not a symlink. I am not sure if that was a text file in your working directory and later on it was replaced by a symlink, perhaps accidentally?

If this is the case, you could try a) getting a backup of your local repo first b) delete this file in your working directory and create a new text file with this name and the content you would like it to have, then try committing again.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events