Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the docker image versions?

Boyce Developer June 4, 2020

I'm new to Bitbucket Pipelines. Using some guides to configure them but what I realized is that the images are outdated from when the guides were written.

I keep trying to search where I can find the latest image but there's no documentation I can find that lists the releases for the images.

Can someone guide me on where I can find the versions I can use?

For example, "image: microsoft/dotnet:latest" image didn't support 3.1. I couldn't figure out which image did until I found online of another pipeline configuration that had " image: mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/core/sdk:3.1". Using that worked luckily.

Same issue with node image as well. Had "image: node:10.15.0" before but I needed a new one. Couldn't figure out what are the newer version until I randomly searched and came across someone using "image: node:12".

Is there like a library or documentation that maintains the version history of the images that can be used in Bitbucket Pipeline?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2020

Most images come from Docker Hub (https://hub.docker.com/) and have the detailed description there:

Read about the details there as each image can be individual. What you also find there is the list of all tags (the part after the colon) which often show the version. The special tag latest is often updated to the latest version.

Boyce Developer June 6, 2020

So all docker images will be available in the pipeline for use?

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2020

Yes in short, this is a longer variant:

We support public and private Docker images including those hosted on Docker Hub, AWS, GCP, Azure and self-hosted registries accessible on the internet. (Bitbucket Pipelines cannot currently access Docker images that cannot be accessed via the internet.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events