Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill an empty repository created with cPanel's GIT Version Control with BitBucket contents.

kiusau October 2, 2019

BACKGROUND:  I am new to GIT and Bitbucket and am having trouble integrating BitBucket with cPanel's GIT Version Control.  As I have been experimenting for some time now I will only provide a snapshot of my most recent effort an momentarily ignore what has preceded.

BitBucket:  A filled repository whose contents I would like to copy and link with a third party server of which I am the administrator.

HostPapa/Lunarpages Server:  An empty repository that I created with cPanel's GIT Version Control.

Local Machine:  A copy of my BitBucket repository with solid SSH connectivity.

On the BitBucket server are two public keys:  one for my local machine and one for my HostPapa/Lunarpages server.  When I try to PULL the contents of my BitBucket respository into my HostPapa/Lunarpages repository I am rejected. When I try to branch to my BitBucket repository I am told that there is no master in direct contradiction to what I know not to be true.

QUESTION:  How does one go about filling the contents of an empty repository created with cPanel's GIT Version Control with the contents of a BitBucket repository for the purpose of future PUSH and PULL activity and other updates?

Roddy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kiusau October 3, 2019

This problem has been resolved.  When I changed my account name I inadvertently deactivated the old private-public key pair.  By generating a new one and replacing the old one I was able to reestablish a successful connection.

I can now communicate with the same repository with BitBucket and cPanel and should very soon be able to deploy to development and production folders using cPanel.

Hooray!  Hooray!

Roddy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events