How to enforce two factor authentication for all Bitbucket cloud users?

I know that if I'm a member of some team I could turn on 2FA but if I'm in admin position obvious security policy is "Enforce users to use 2FA". How can I do that? Is there any admin option for that? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Martin, 

Unfortunately there isn't an option that you can force your users to use 2FA, even if you are the administrator of that team/repo. Actually, we have an improvement request feature open for it on this link: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/11712/allow-team-admins-to-require-two-step

Feel free to share your thoughts there and what that for any news. 

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

Hi Gary,

yes, I noticed it. It would be a nice present before Christmas unfortunately there is a significant problem - you are taking this essential security function as a premium!? And please don't tell me that this cost only $5/user/month as it is not true - we must pay $25 / month for first 5 users and I will wonder what will be the next very expected feature included at premium plan as it seems that for the feature you are taking only the premium plan where the new features will fit....

Regards.

Martin

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

2,014 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you